Terms and Condition
- Time begins when the crew arrives on location and ends when the job is complete. Exceptions apply to jobs in which the distance between loading and unloading is more than 30 minutes. After the first two hours, time is billed in one-hour increments, rounded up to the nearest hour. Exceptions can be made in certain cases.
- Gratuities are not included but appreciated (these can be paid in cash or added to the final bill).
- Payment must be made on-site in full. Company is entitled to take the full payment for the job prior to unloading. A receipt will be provided by email after payment has been processed. We accept Cash, Certified checks, Interac e-Transfer and all major Credit Cards.
- For jobs over three hours, the crew may take a ten-minute paid break. For jobs over five hours, the crew will take a thirty-minute unpaid break.
- We do our best to accurately estimate the time required for each job, however, estimates provided by our coordinators are not guaranteed and are subject to change.
Bookings are not secure until a non-refundable deposit has been paid. Once the deposit has been received, a confirmation email will be sent and your booking is complete.
- In the event that the client needs to cancel a booking, the client will lose their deposit. All deposits are non-refundable.
- If the client needs to reschedule a job, we require a minimum of 7 days notice, and the alternate date is subject to availability. If the job cannot be rescheduled, the client will lose their deposit. An alternate date must be booked within 5 days after the cancellation. Any rescheduled jobs will incur a $35 administrative fee.
It is the client’s responsibility to decide on the level of coverage for the job. Any damage must be reported before paying the invoice. All damage claims must be submitted within 24 hours of reporting. (Note: pictures from multiple angles will be needed to process any claim).
It is the client’s responsibility to disclose important information regarding the job especially in a flat-priced job. This includes a full and accurate list of items to be moved, accurate information regarding flights of stairs, elevator details, access to locations (e.g. waiting for keys, etc.) that affect the length of the move and/or our staff’s safety. If there is undisclosed information, Touchwood Movers reserves the right to send additional crew members if needed, or spread the job over several days. There is a 3-hour minimum charge for each additional staff member.
The client is responsible for booking elevators and/or loading bays that the move requires. Failure to do so may add time to the job.
DISASSEMBLY AND REASSEMBLY
It is the client’s responsibility to inform Touchwood Movers prior to the move if any disassembly or assembly of any item(s) is required. Failure to do so may add time to the job. This work is not warranted. Particle Board/Ready-to-assemble furniture items are not structurally created to be moved once assembled, we will not repair or replace these items in the event they are damaged during the move.
THINGS WE DO NOT MOVE
We do not move toxins, including mouse or rat poison, oxygen and propane tanks, flammables, explosives, weapons and ammunition.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- The client is responsible for any parasitic insects (bed bugs, cockroaches etc.) encountered within the premises of the origin, destination and/or additional locations. The client will be responsible for reimbursing Touchwood Movers for costs incurred due to cleaning, sanitizing and delousing vehicles and/or replacing affected equipment.
- Touchwood Movers Inc. reserves the right to cancel a move if the conditions of any of the locations are unhygienic and/or the crew encounters any parasitic insects.
WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT
Our number one goal at Touchwood Movers is to move all of your belongings from one place to another as safely and efficiently as possible. At times we are asked to move or do things that no matter what precautions we take, the risk of certain items incurring damage is more likely. Unfortunately, we are not and cannot be responsible for these items. The items that we are referring to are listed below. Touchwood Movers will still take all possible precautions to make sure all of your items are moved as safely as possible.
Touchwood Movers will not be responsible for any damage caused by non-routine moving, including but not limited to, standing pieces on end; sharp turns; over-crowded work areas; difficult stairways; snags and sharp edges in work areas and doorways; handing over balconies, railings, etc.; tight squeezes; and damage caused by weather. You will be asked to sign a waiver if we agree to attempt any non-routine moving request.
UNAVOIDABLE DAMAGES ARE NOT COVERED IN ANY WAY
Damages incurred due to the size of the item compared to the size of a hall, doorway, stairs, and elevators, or similar. Movers will attempt to get the item in if you desire, but damages may result. If you want the crew to stop, tell them. If movers are moving an item and there is a snag on a door frame, stairwell, or other structure that nicks or tears an item, we will not cover the damages.
We encourage our customers to be with us throughout the entire move. Whenever we move a piece of furniture, we like to be able to point out any scratches, marks, or dings that you may not have noticed. If for some reason you are not able to be there for your move, or if you need to leave in the middle of the move, we need you to sign a release accepting all of the items in the condition that we bring them to you. We will not be responsible for any missing items, or damaged items. We will not be responsible for any of your items that were not moved.