The following is not applicable to flat-priced jobs but only to the hourly-charged jobs with the exception of last two clauses which are applicable on flat priced jobs as well:
Time begins when the crew arrives on location and ends when the job is complete. Exceptions may apply to jobs in which the distance between loading and unloading is more than 1 hour. After the first two hours, time is billed in one-hour increments, rounded up to the nearest hour. If only 10-15 mins go past the hour, it is rounded up to half an hour only. We charge a minimum of 3 hours in jobs involving 26 ft trucks.
- Gratuities are not included but appreciated (these can be paid in cash or added to the final bill).
- Payment must be made on-site in full. A receipt will be provided by email after payment has been processed. We accept Cash, Certified checks and all major Credit Cards. (2% surcharge on credit card payments is applicable in jobs exceeding $1000). An Interac e-Transfer can be sent to email@example.com.
- For jobs over three hours, the crew may take a ten-minute paid break. For jobs over five hours, the crew may take a thirty-minute unpaid break.
- A $25 per mover stair charge is applicable if there is a 3-storey townhouse at either location which means more than one flight of stairs to the topmost level from where the truck is parked. If the client tips the movers equivalent of that, stair charges can be waived off.
- If an addition or calculation error is made on a invoice, contract, or any other written form by a representative of Our Company and is found by our billing department after the fact the customer is still liable for actual charges and time that the bill should have reflected regardless what the invoice, contract, or other written form states if it directly contradicts itself based on the totals of the (A) moving time between the arrival and finished time, (B) discount time if any, (C) travel time, (D) fuel charge, (E) materials if any, (F) storage if any, (G) or any other charges listed on said form that do not calculate to the correct grand total. Customer hereby agrees for said correct grand total to be billed to their payment method listed on the front of this Contract.
- A charge of $25 per appliance is applicable if not already mentioned by the client.
- Apart from our fee, the customer is responsible for all parking tickets and downtime (waiting for the elevator or key for the new property to be available).
Bookings are not secure until a non-refundable deposit has been paid. Once the deposit has been received, a confirmation email will be sent and your booking is complete.
3. CANCELLATION POLICY
- In the event that the client needs to cancel a booking, the client will lose their deposit. All deposits are non-refundable.
- If the client needs to reschedule a job, we require a minimum of 3 days notice, and the alternate date is subject to availability. If the job cannot be rescheduled, the client will lose their deposit. The deposit will not be refunded if the client reschedules the job within 3 days of the moving date.
4. PROTECTION PLANS
Insured – Cargo/In-Transit up to $50000 per vehicle and commercial general liability up to $5 million. It is the client’s responsibility to check if all the items arrive in the same condition as before. Any damage must be reported before paying the invoice. An invoice must be paid in full in order to process the insurance claim. All claims must be reported within first week from your move date.
It is mutually agreed upon, that by engaging Touchwood Movers that you consign to release the goods to a value of $0.60 per pound under Released Value Protection. This means that the client will be paid 60 cents per pound for the net weight of the lost or damaged item.
The upgraded insurance will cover your damaged goods for actual replacement at today’s market price up to $50.00 per pound only if you have upgraded your protection plan to Replacement Value Protection. Cost of this insurance is 2% of the total valuation of the consignment declared by the client.
Pictures from multiple angles will be needed to process the claim. Touchwood Movers is not responsible for the damages caused to the tableware, crockery, dishes or any other fragile item if they’re not properly placed or packed by the client. Because the mechanical condition of electronics and appliances is unknown; we only assume responsibility for items which receive visible damage by our staff.
We assume no responsibility for money, jewelry or other valuables, please make sure these items are safely put away before our moving crew arrives. The moving company shall not carry or be liable in any way for documents, specie, or for any items of extraordinary value not specifically declared in the Moving Estimate and a stipulated value of the item is provided. For more clarity, any item with a value of more than $5000 must be specifically declared by the client.
Touchwood Movers will not be liable for any claims for the items that gets damaged after the moving crew have used their expertise to pack them securely in a box. This entails things like glass or fragile items, paintings and TV’s.
5. CLIENT RESPONSIBILITY
It is the client’s responsibility to disclose important information regarding the job especially in a flat-priced job. This includes a full and accurate list of items to be moved, condition the items are in, accurate information regarding flights of stairs, elevator details, access to locations (e.g. waiting for keys, etc.) that affect the length of the move and/or our staff’s safety. If there is undisclosed information, Touchwood Movers reserves the right to send additional crew members if needed. There is a 2-hour minimum charge for each additional staff member.
Furniture items like nightstands, dressers, chest of drawers, wardrobes, bookcases, etc. should be emptied out before the movers move them.
If the moving team has asked for your consent/approval to back up their trucks on your lawn or sideway, Touchwood Movers will not be responsible for any damages like mud marks and ruts.
If Touchwood Movers is required to take any legal action in any effort to collect any outstanding debt arising from this agreement, this contract grants Touchwood Movers the express right to recover our reasonable attorney’s fees, interest, cost (including court costs), expenses and collection fee from you.
The Mover will make reasonable efforts to complete delivery and is not responsible if physical conditions or other special circumstances prevent completion. If the Mover cannot deliver the goods in the ordinary way (by stairs or elevator), there will be an extra charge for hoisting, lowering, or other labor or equipment necessary. If no authorized person is present to accept goods at the agreed time, or if orders are incomplete, the Mover will deliver the goods at the Shipper’s risk using reasonable judgment.
The Mover will charge for waiting time in flat priced jobs for reason beyond their control like road closures or inclement weather.
The client is responsible for booking elevators and/or loading bays that the move requires. Failure to do so may add time to the job. In case there is disruption in the workings of an elevator in a flat-priced job, the bill is subject to change. The Shipper must make advance arrangements for elevators (have them padded) or other services and pay any charges. The Mover will charge for waiting time caused by lack of sufficient elevator service.
7. DISASSEMBLY AND REASSEMBLY
It is the client’s responsibility to inform Touchwood Movers prior to the move if any disassembly or assembly of any item(s) is required. Failure to do so may add time to the job. This work is not warranted. Particle Board/Ready-to-assemble furniture items and ikea furniture items are not structurally created to be moved once assembled, we will not repair or replace these items in the event they are damaged during the move.
If due to an inherent weakness in a piece of furniture (defect, prior repair, unstable construction) a damage occurs, we will not be liable for any damages to that piece.
8. THINGS WE DO NOT MOVE
We do not move toxins, including mouse or rat poison, oxygen and propane tanks, flammables, explosives, weapons and ammunition.
9. HEALTH AND SAFETY
The client is responsible for any parasitic insects (bed bugs, cockroaches etc.) encountered within the premises of the origin, destination and/or additional locations. The client will be responsible for reimbursing Touchwood Movers for costs incurred due to cleaning, sanitizing and delousing vehicles and/or replacing affected equipment.
- Touchwood Movers Inc. reserves the right to cancel a move if the conditions of any of the locations are unhygienic and/or the crew encounters any parasitic insects.
10. WAIVER AND RELEASE OF LIABILITY AGREEMENT
Our number one goal at Touchwood Movers is to move all of your belongings from one place to another as safely and efficiently as possible. At times we are asked to move or do things that no matter what precautions we take, the risk of certain items incurring damage is more likely. Unfortunately, we are not and cannot be responsible for these items. The items that we are referring to are listed below. Touchwood Movers will still take all possible precautions to make sure all of your items are moved as safely as possible.
Touchwood Movers will not be responsible for any damage caused by non-routine moving, including but not limited to, standing pieces on end; sharp turns; over-crowded work areas; difficult stairways; snags and sharp edges in work areas and doorways; handing over balconies, railings, etc.; tight squeezes; and damage caused by weather. You will be asked to sign a waiver if we agree to attempt any non-routine moving request.
Damages incurred due to the size of the item compared to the size of a hall, doorway, stairs, and elevators, or similar. Movers will attempt to get the item in if you desire, but damages may result. If you want the crew to stop, tell them. If movers are moving an item and there is a snag on a door frame, stairwell, or other structure that nicks or tears an item, we will not cover the damages.
We encourage our customers to be with us throughout the entire move. Whenever we move a piece of furniture, we like to be able to point out any scratches, marks, or dings that you may not have noticed. If for some reason you are not able to be there for your move, or if you need to leave in the middle of the move, we need you to sign a release accepting all of the items in the condition that we bring them to you. We will not be responsible for any missing items, or damaged items. We will not be responsible for any of your items that were not moved.
11. MOVING SUPPLIES
We provide complimentary mattress covers, shrink wrap, padded blankets, wardrobe boxes (if ordered beforehand), dollies, floor runners and other power tools and equipment. We only charge extra for boxes and packing paper for dishes if ordered beforehand by the client.